How to build and host a website in Buea with a free domain name for life. Many residents in Buea frequently ask us how they can build and possibly host a website in Buea. So therefore, in this post, i’ll guide you through the steps and procedure of how to build and host a website by yourself in Buea, South West Region Cameroon. Before we proceed, let’s start by defining a few terms.
What is a website?
According to wikipedia, A website is a collection of web pages and related content that is identified by a common domain name and published on at least one web server. Examples of notable websites are Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Wikipedia. All publicly accessible websites collectively constitute the World Wide Web.
Basic things you need to build a website in Buea
- Domain Name: In order to build a website in Buea, you need to purchase a domain name. A domain name is your website address or unique IP address that identifies your website on the internet.
- Web Hosting: Web hosting is the second most important thing you need to build a website in Buea. Actually, you cannot deploy a website on the internet without web hosting. This is because web hosting refers to the storage space you rent out to keep your website files.
- Text Editor: The third most important thing you need to build a website in Buea is a text editor. A text editor is the software program you will use to write your code. A text editor is what is responsible for creating files such as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Stylesheet (CSS) and lot’s more.
- Web Browser: A web browser is an application software that interprets web pages. A web browser understands hypertext markup language. This is what will enable you view your web page as soon as you finish writing your code.
- Website Builder: If you are building a website on a Content Management Software (CMS) such as WordPress, you need something called a website builder. Elementor is one of the best website builders for wordpress.
- Plugins: Another thing needed to build a website in Buea is plugins. Plugins are small programs that add functionality to your website. However, they are mostly used on Content Management Systems.
How to host a website in Buea
Now that you have finished building your website on local host, it is time to host it. Hosting a website means deploying or uploading it on the internet for everyone to see when they search your domain name. Below are the steps on how to host a website in Buea.
- Buy web hosting for 1 year from Povahost.
- Register your free domain name.
- Open your cpanel in the client area.
- Under the software category, locate and select softaculous app installer.
- Click install wordpress and fill the required information.
- Install a free theme from your wordpress dashboard. Alternatively you can purchase a theme from themeforest and upload manually.
- Install the required plugins such as; page builder, contact forms and lot’s more.
How to build a website in Buea
In order to build a website in Buea, you must have some training on web design to be able to come out with good results. This is because good website are responsive, user friendly and easy to navigate. Without a good knowledge on UI/UX design your website will not be appealing to your users. There are 2 ways you can build a website in Buea. The first method is by building it from scratch using a text editor while the second method is by using a website builder installed on a content management system software like wordpress. However, the second method is faster and requires very little skill set. Below are the steps you need to follow to build a website in Buea:
- Download a text editor such as visual studio code from the internet.
- Get a local host software such as XAMPP to use as your web server.
- Create your database using MySQL and make sure you connect it properly to your website files.
- Once done, purchase a domain name and web hosting from povahost.com
- Upload your website files and database to the internet for everyone to see!
Cost of building a website in Buea
Are you wondering how much it can cost you to build a website in Buea? If yes, the answer depends on two things. Firstly if you’re a web developer, the only cost you will definitely be buying web hosting, domain name, themes, plugins you need for the development of the website. On the other hand, if you’re not a web developer, the cost will be higher because it will include web development fees since you have to hire a web developer.
Web Design and Web Hosting Training in Buea
We have courses on web design and web hosting. You can contact us below for more information about this training program.